Friday, May 29, 2009

My Arms Race

My sisters and I joke that we've inherited fat arms. We so want to have these beautiful, sculpted arms that stand out with a sleeveless top. I remember even in 4th grade, after hours and hours of swim team, I stood in the Phantom Lake Pool girls locker room and looked carefully at my arms. I distinctly remember thinking, "Look at that! My arm muscles are starting to show! I'm getting strong!" Unfortunately, they must have been at their very best that day, or perhaps the lighting was just so, to bring out those deltoids and biceps and triceps, that I didn't see an improvement in those arms for the rest of the summer. Now that I'm in a rigorous exercise routine, I'm back to checking out my arms and making plans with my coaches at the IC on how to build stronger, more sculpted arms. I must say, that they are currently looking more toned than I think they've ever been since that summer day when I was 9. It's very motivating.
Another source of motivation is today's Ice Chamber video. The woman featured is on Chris's 0900 team and I've seen her do a bootcamp workout. She makes it look easy. She appears to do all of the reps of every exercise and with great strength and grace. Here, she's featured modeling good push up form. Mara's Push Ups

One day we can post a video of me on this blog doing push ups just as well.
My real goal, however, is to bench press my children, one on each arm. As the days pass, they are not getting any lighter. It is the true assignment of diligence to work on my arm strength before they get too heavy. Thus, I will officially call it, "My Arms Race."

1 comment: