Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Burning the Candle at Both Ends

It's like they know I'm in a transitional state. As each day passes, the boys reach for me more, ask for me more and hold on to me tighter when I lean to hand them over to Chris or Ixchel(our nanny). It's getting more and more difficult to get any work done. I have three weeks to go, a to do list that is very long and the clock is ticking away. I know that I've said that it's okay not to finish everything, but finishing up my work in a professional way is something that I must finish. I take pride in my work, believe in what I've established at my job, and hope to leave it better than how I found it.
Hopefully, on my last day of work in three weeks, I won't have completely lost my marbles from burning the candle at both ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment